Wednesday 10 April 2013

Milestones Crossroads: Appies!

Milestones Crossroads is conveniently located diagonally from the Broadway Skytrain Station so even though it was raining, I didn't have to worry about forgetting my umbrella.

The menu doesn't have that much variety and friends who ordered entrées said the food was all right. I really liked the two appetizers I tried though.

Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip: spinach dip, artichoke hearts, cheese, sour cream, salsa, tortilla chips. There were actually a lot of chips all dusted with a coat of salt and nicely striped to pick up the spinach dip. The salsa smelled fragrant to me, almost like a floral scent.

Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip
Calamari Steak Strips: thick sliced calamari steak, spicy andouille sausage tomato ragu, preserved lemon aioli. These were some of the best calamaris I've had recently (even compared to Greek restaurants). Probably because it was calamari steak, each piece was juicy and not dry at all. 

Calamari Steak Strips
Milestones Grill and Bar on Urbanspoon