Saturday 22 December 2012

Haroo: Bulgogi soup and rice cake

Catching a glimpse of Santa Claus is always fun around Christmas season, especially because he changes looks wherever you go! That day he was inspecting his elves with Mrs. Claus.



Anyways back to the food at Haroo which is a small Korean restaurant on Alexandra Road. For lunch, it is only open for the short hours of 12:00-2:30pm (closed Tuesdays).



I ordered the L6 lunch set with Bulgogi soup and Korean rice cake. I really liked my meal! The Bulgogi soup and rice cake were both on the sweeter side but you can always add the complimentary spices to enhance the flavour. This restaurant is quite family style but much cleaner than other Korean restaurants I've been to. I appreciated the details from the finely sliced egg pieces (yellow garnish on the rice cake and soup) to the paper thin sliced carrot flower on the salad. To top it off, it came with a yogurt drink that I loved as a child.


Overall, I will definitely be coming back again to try their other menu items!

Haroo on Urbanspoon

0 comments: